Board logo

标题: The standing desk makes a difference [打印本页]

作者: sebrina    时间: 2022-5-23 15:30     标题: The standing desk makes a difference

Back, neck, wrist, pain and fatigue problems are increasing for those who work hours at a desk. This is due to the increased time required to use the computer. There are many things that can be done to help alleviate some of these problems. The newest one is the standing computer desk. It is suitable for students, all types of office workers and the self-employed.
Standing computer desks also usually have more storage space. There are places for hard drives, scanners, printers, speakers, etc. The space can accommodate a more efficient place without feeling so cluttered. It can lead to confusion, frustration and more fatigue.
https://www.fezibo.com/collections/standing-computer-desk

It is important to research and test different types of standing computer desks. It may not be your choice. If so, you'll want to test which ones are most comfortable for you, giving you the most room for your belongings.
Standing computer desks have several advantages. The same goes for preventing future problems. Back and neck pain is often a side effect of working at a desk if you don't take the proper precautions. If you already have these problems, you need to get busy now to keep them from getting worse.
Working in a newsroom, I spent several years sitting at my desk eight hours a day. When the whole craze hit, several people in the newsroom changed, and I was among them (though it took me a while to get in).
We've all found different Rube Goldberg-esque ways to satisfy our new standing desires, but after some trial and error we've found what works best. Like prairie dogs poking their heads out of the desert, we rose from our cubicle farm and rushed into the sun.
https://www.fezibo.com/collections/standing-desk

I worked like that for about 6 months and then got a new job in another newsroom. I don't have a standing desk right now and I find I miss it. I will try to get a standing workstation in the future as I see huge benefits and advantages during that time.

Reasons I love standing desks
1.More energy: Standing keeps my blood flowing and my mind more alert. It's harder to doze off at your desk if you're standing. You are constantly aware of your body.
2.Interact more with coworkers: Sitting at your desk, even in our half-compartment, you often miss the chance to talk to your coworkers or notice something important is happening. Standing gives me more opportunities to talk to colleagues at eye level as they pass by, even if it's just an extra few minutes. This actually improves communication because I can look at a couple of tables and look them in the eye instead of emailing someone and then actually talking for a moment.
3.Posture and Core Strength: Standing and maintaining good posture all day has really increased my core strength. I also have a lot less soreness in my back and tailbone compared to sitting 8-10 hours a day.
4.Be prepared to act: When you are sitting for a long time, it may take some time to get up and leave your desk in an emergency, or you just realize you are late for a meeting. Standing at your white standing desk, you are like an eagle-eyed antelope, ready to escape any danger that may arise or eager to seek help from colleagues.
https://www.fezibo.com/collections/white-standing-desk

Things I don't like
1.Sore legs/feet: The first few days/weeks can be brutal if you're not prepared. Different people take different times to get used to standing for so long. It's going to be a little uncomfortable, but it pays off in the end if you can get through it.
2.Lunch: If your workplace is a "eat at your desk" place (like a newsroom), this can make lunch annoying. It's hard to eat while standing at your desk. My advice: find somewhere to sit or eat elsewhere. If you have to work and eat, watch out for spills and the fact that everyone can see what you eat.
3.Long days: If you're working long hours (like I often do, 10+ hours), it can be a little rough at the end. I realize the whole idea is that standing is good for you, but after 10 hours, even the toughest of people can start to get a little tired. If possible, choose to sit down.
4.Everyone can see you: So yes, this part has its downsides, people can see you. Now, this only applies if you're in a relatively open workspace (which is becoming more common). It doesn't matter if you have your own office.
But it's worth noting that all of the above points can be solved with a height-adjustable desk.
https://www.fezibo.com/collections/height-adjustable-desk

Tips before standing up
1.Cushion: Consider getting an anti-fatigue mat. This cushions your feet and really makes things easier on your body.
2.Shoes: If possible, bring a pair of comfortable shoes to work. For longer standing, swap them out like Mister Rogers and stand more comfortably. If you work in a more casual place and can work in more cushioned shoes, do so.
3.Health concerns: If you have back, legs, knees, or other health concerns that may not apply to a electric standing desk, be sure to consult your doctor before deciding to go this route. You don't want to risk doing something for yourself that could actually be worse.
https://www.fezibo.com/collections/electric-standing-desk
4.Take it easy: From day one, you're standing on your feet your entire 8-hour shift, which can be a little stressful. If possible, try to relax. Stand for 2 hours, sit for 30 minutes or an hour, repeat. Or whatever is most comfortable for you - the key is being comfortable and doing what works best for your size, health and personal work scenario.
5.Ergonomics: If your workplace has dedicated ergonomic staff, use them. They may already have a standing desk solution or equipment to help you get started (if your workplace approves it). This ensures that you are setting up a proper standing workplace and that you are not doing anything that could injure yourself or cause long-term arm, shoulder or other joint problems (or carpal tunnel syndrome).

While it may seem odd that standing at a desk or sitting in a high chair makes you feel better, it's exactly why you should consider trying it. By doing your homework now, you can avoid any other problems or problems that could get worse. It's a good move to prepare ahead of time and address existing issues. Your happiness, health and productivity will benefit if you take action now instead of waiting.

欢迎光临 编程开发论坛 (http://bbs.lihuasoft.net/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0